Quality Assurance Engineer - Database Systems
As a QA Engineer for DuckDB, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the performance, reliability, and accuracy of DuckDB. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough testing and quality assurance of DuckDB.
- Developing and executing test plans, test cases, and test scripts to validate the functionality of DuckDB’s SQL features and client APIs.
- Identifying and documenting software defects and issues and working closely with developers to ensure timely resolution.
- Participating in designing and implementing automated testing frameworks, tools, and fuzzers.
- Maintain and develop our Continuous Integration tools.
This position requires that you live in or be willing to relocate to Amsterdam or a nearby city.
You must already be allowed to work in the European Union. We are not able to arrange a working visa at this time.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong expertise in SQL and experience with database APIs.
- Familiarity with Database Testing (e.g., Fuzzers).
- Familiarity with continuous integration practices and experience with GitHub CI/CD actions for automating testing and deployment processes.
- Good experience with at least three of DuckDB’s API Languages: Python, Java, R, JS, Rust.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, particularly Git/GitHub.
- Native level of communication skills in English.
- You must be already allowed to work in the European Union.
Nice to have
- Bachelor in Computer Science.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, plus if related to Database Testing.
- Possibility of traveling to scientific and industrial conferences.
- Opportunities to learn from and collaborate with other data analysis tool vendors
- Possibility of working two days from home.
- Flexible hours.