Technical Writer - Developer Relations
As a Technical Writer for DuckDB, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of database experts in Amsterdam, and contribute to one of the most innovative and rapidly growing open-source database systems in the world. Your primary responsibilities will include developing and expanding DuckDB’s documentation, including documenting SQL features, creating how-to guides for our client APIs, and developing data science pipeline templates using DuckDB. In addition, it will also be expected that you write high-visibility blog posts that showcase DuckDB being used in innovative ways (e.g., https://duckdb.org/2022/10/12/modern-data-stack-in-a-box.html)
This position requires that you live in or be willing to relocate to Amsterdam or a nearby city.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Strong expertise in SQL.
- Experience with DB APIs.
- Experience with data science pipelines.
- Excellent writing skills for creating tutorials and how-to guides
- Good experience with at least three of DuckDB’S API Languages: Python, Java, R, JS, Rust.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, in particular Git/Github.
- Native level of communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Bachelor in Computer Science.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, plus if related to Database Architecture.
- Experience in giving out technical presentations.
- Possibility of traveling to scientific and industrial conferences.
- Opportunities to learn from and collaborate with other data analysis tool vendors
- Possibility of working 2 days from home.
- Flexible hours.